Interested in becoming an intern for the World Affairs Council of Harrisburg? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
We welcome both college and high school applicants.
What does the internship entail?
Hours are flexible and this year participation will be REMOTE via Zoom meetings. There also is the possibility of socially distanced visits to area museums, the state Capitol and other locations.
Students will gain in-depth knowledge of international, national and local affairs. They will organize the annual International Young Leaders Conference that will be held via Zoom in August 2021.
Specifically, activities will involve
- Discussing world affairs with experts in various fields
- Learning how to debate professionally and relate with people of diverse backgrounds, cultures, languages and lands
- Learning how to work together in teams
- Understanding business professionalism and creating a professional image
- Learning about journalism and communication through hands-on activities
- Helping organize the International Young Leaders Conference and the Torch Awards
- Specializing in a field and presenting about research
- Making a difference in the community!