Intern for WACH
We offer a summer internship program for college and high school students
During our June-August program, students will gain in-depth knowledge of international, national, and local affairs. They will also organize the annual International Young Leaders Conference that will be held via Zoom in August 2022.
Hours are flexible and the 2022 program will be REMOTE via Zoom meetings. There also is the possibility of socially distanced visits to area museums, the state Capitol and other locations.
This program is run jointly with PennLive and Temple University Harrisburg. With PennLive the students have the opportunity to write a published op-ed or letter to the editor. Temple University Harrisburg collaborates on our two-week understanding government segment where we bring in PA legislators, representatives from the Attorney General’s office, and other political specialists.
Activities will involve
- Discussing world affairs with experts in various fields
- Learning how to debate professionally and relate with people of diverse backgrounds, cultures, languages and lands
- Learning how to work together in teams
- Understanding business professionalism and creating a professional image
- Learning about journalism and communication through hands-on activities
- Helping organize the International Young Leaders Conference and the Torch Awards
- Specializing in a field and presenting your research
- Making a difference in the community!
Click below to explore the different activities our interns have the opportunity to be involved in